Ralph W. Ellis is an attorney with eighteen (18) years of experience. From 1997 to 2009, Mr. Ellis was a member of the Office of the Attorney General for the State of Georgia. During this tenure, Mr. Ellis was appointed as a Senior Assistant Attorney General and the first Practice Group Leader of the Workers' Compensation Section. He also practiced in the Labor and Employment and Civil Rights Sections at the Office of the Attorney General.
Prior to his tenure at the Office of the Attorney General, Mr. Ellis was an in-house attorney for one of the largest insurance companies in the United States where he practiced in the areas of workers' compensation and other insurance defense litigation. Mr. Ellis has also practiced insurance defense litigation with several law firms in Atlanta, Georgia.
During the summer of 1991, Mr. Ellis was a clerk for Justice Norman S. Fletcher of the Georgia Supreme Court.
Mr. Ellis is a 1987 graduate of the University of Georgia and a 1992 graduate of the Mercer University Law School. While in law school, he was named to the Dean's List for several semesters and was the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award for the highest grade in a given class. Mr. Ellis is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the District of Columbia Bar, the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, and Lawyers Club of Atlanta.
Areas of Practice
- Social Security Disability
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia
- Georgia, 1992
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 1992
- Honors: Dean's List, Spring 1990 and Spring 1991
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award
- Honors: Who's Who Among American Law Students
- University of Georgia
- B.A. - 1987
- Honors: Dean's List, Winter 1987, Spring 1987, Fall 1987
- Honors: Phi Alpha Theta, International History Honor Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- District of Columbia Bar, Member
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Office of the Attorney General for the State of Georgia, Member, 1997 to 2009
- Office of the Attorney General for the State of Georgia, Senior Assistant Attorney General
- Justice Norman S. Fletcher of the Georgia Supreme Court, Clerk, 1991